After successful additive manufacturing, subtractive manufacturing processes are often necessary to improve the surface finish and accuracy of part features. Netfabb helps manufacturers prepare parts for both additive and subsequent subtractive manufacturing processes.
Connect additive and subtractive workflows
Netfabb powers integrated workflows that connect build preparation, printing and post-processing. Take advantage of Autodesk® PowerShape® technology to design and plan near-net shapes for additive and subtractive manufacturing. Near-net-shapes can then be exported directly from Netfabb to Autodesk PowerMill® where you can create CNC programs on the features and surfaces.
- Import, analyze and repair common file formats, such as SolidWorks®, Catia®, NX® and others and keep them in solid form throughout the workflow.
- Take advantage of specific strategies for drilling and milling.
- Manage design changes and maintain the integrity of geometric features.
Solid modeling for Near-Net-Shape Planning
Metal additive parts often require some CNC post-processing and this is best managed with a solid model. Netfabb lets you take advantage of solid modeling tools, based on PowerShape® technology to plan & model the near-net-shape for additive manufacturing processes.
- Recognize, select and edit solid features - such as supressing holes, and thicken surfaces to add material in readiness for subtractive processes.
- Add datum references, clamping locations and build supports.
- Easy visual methods to identify where material has been added to the original model to make the near-net-shape.